What do you do with your old bamboo toothbrushes? If you are like most people, you likely may have thought about composting them. But the truth is that not everyone has a compost pit at the back of their home where they can toss their old toothbrushes. If you are in this boat, you should consider recycling or using your old toothbrushes for something else.
Your old bamboo toothbrushes are perfect for cleaning your kitchen
Keeping your kitchen clean is definitely at the top of your priorities. One way to make your kitchen sparkle is by scrubbing areas foiled with food remains, dust particles, and debris.
Your old bamboo toothbrushes can serve as an alternative kitchen scrubber. Below are some reasons why your old toothbrush is perfect for cleaning your kitchen.
- It can easily clean hard-to-reach areas
- It is lightweight and easy to use
- It has a comfortable handle
Here are some kitchen cleaning tasks you can address with your old toothbrush.
- Removing food remains or dirt from the lids of food storage flasks and cutting boards
- Cleaning dirt build-up around your faucet and sink
- Cleaning waffle makers, microwaves, and cheese graters.
Clean your shoes
Whether you have suede shoes or slippers, you will be able to clean them with your old bamboo toothbrushes. Of course, there are dedicated shoe-cleaning kits on the market, but you can’t take them with you everywhere. Your old toothbrush is an excellent travel buddy as it is lightweight and can clean your shoes.
Here is how to use a bamboo toothbrush to clean your slippers
- Wash the slippers with soap
- Scrub the slippers with your old toothbrush
- Repeat the process until you are satisfied with the result
Since toothbrushes aren’t the ideal material for cleaning shoes, you aren’t always going to get mind-blowing results. Your old bamboo toothbrush is the next best substitute for your shoe cleaning kit.
Do you have a small garden in your home? If you do, an old toothbrush may be able to help you make your garden more organized. Whether you are new to gardening or not, you definitely will agree that identifying some plants when they are young isn’t easy. You can solve this problem by using your old toothbrushes are a label.
Here is how to turn your old toothbrushes into plant labels
- Remove the bristles on the head of your toothbrush. You can use a plier to do this. If you can’t get your hands on one, you can break off the head of the toothbrush.
- Write the name of the plants in your garden with a permanent marker.
- Stick the labeled toothbrush close to the ground or plant pot where your seeds are planted.
Your old bamboo toothbrushes easily Clean your fingers
After working on your garden, at home, or at the office dirt and lint may get stuck under your fingers. Getting them out isn’t always easy. Well, it may interest you to know that your old toothbrushes can help you get rid of them quickly.
All you need to do is to brush your fingers with the head of your old toothbrush. You can get the dirt out faster by using soap and water before brushing your fingers.
Your old bamboo toothbrushes can serve as a Pet Brush
Old bamboo toothbrushes are perfect for grooming pets, as they are lightweight and easy to maneuver. Also, they aren’t too hard and won’t irritate the skin of your pet.
There you have it, some creative recycling ideas for your old bamboo toothbrushes. Trust me, there is more, you just have to do a little brainstorming.